Craig's List advice for Freezer request

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surly

Reaction score
I want to post a request to my local Craig's list seeking a freezer for my brewery.

I have just gotten into kegging and want to use a freezer first as a fermenting chamber using a Ranco. In addition I may use it as a serving or keg storage unit. At this point I am not interested in setting it up as a dedicated tapper system and would simply use picnic taps.

My question: What is a good size and or model to do what I am asking it to do?

Your input will assist me in not wasting my time or the time of others as well.

Thanks

Look for a cheap or free apartment style refrigerator. The are easy to move and dont require a temp controller. No tower, taps through the door, or just use picnic taps.

If you have space (and permission?) to have more than 1 freezer, then I'd say 2 is far more useful. Get a 10cuft now and later another 10 or 7. One for ale temps and one for long-term lagering.

If you see yourself only ever having 1 (my sitch), get a biggie. I have a 14.8 cu. ft. and love it. I have 5 carboys (plus bottles, etc) in there right now with space to spare.

Back