Craftbeerpi fermentation steps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starrider

Reaction score
I have been searching but can't find any discussion on my issue.

I have craftbeerpi 2.2 running on a very basic fermentation setup just to get it running. It is reading temp and turning the heater relay on/off as expected.

The problem is it won't advance to next step. A single step/target temp seems to work ok but when I set up additional steps, it plays stupid.

After I start the program and get the temp to the first step target, the countdown timer starts. When it gets to zero, it just stops. The timer shows all zeros but no end time and it doesn't start the next step.

Any ideas what's going on?

I have been searching but can't find any discussion on my issue.

I have craftbeerpi 2.2 running on a very basic fermentation setup just to get it running. It is reading temp and turning the heater relay on/off as expected.

The problem is it won't advance to next step. A single step/target temp seems to work ok but when I set up additional steps, it plays stupid.

After I start the program and get the temp to the first step target, the countdown timer starts. When it gets to zero, it just stops. The timer shows all zeros but no end time and it doesn't start the next step.

Any ideas what's going on?
I am having the same problem! I used 3 steps of 1 minute to test to alternate led. I think it is a bug.

After more research I found out that in fermentation mode, time only counts from when temp is reached. This is kinda odd, since your fermentation process won't go on if you set unachiable set temperatures like 0 degrees for some coolers in cold crash.

Back