CraftBeerPi 3 - Brewtronix

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smythe

Reaction score
Hi,

I just changed from CBPi 2.2 to CBPi 3.0 using the brewtronix/hosehead controller.

Prior to the change I had everything working, and was able to heat up and transfer water around.

Now that I've got the new version, I can get the pumps to work, but the heating elements aren't.
For Element 1 (boilcoil in the boil Kettle) I have
Type: GPIOPWM
Frequency: 0.5 (I'm not confident this is correct, I'm taking it as the duty cycle at 50%)
GPIO: 17

For the Boil Kettle I have
Logic: Hysteresis
Actor: Element 1
Agitator: n/a
Sensor: Sensor 1 (brewtronix yellow)
Offset Off: 1
Offset On: 1

I set the target temp, turn the element on, and I get nothing.

Any help is much appreciated, I thought I would be boiling water tonight...

Smythe

Well I guess nevermind???

2 reboots later and it started working, although I need to go through my IO because the probes and elements were reversed.

No change to the above setting in CBPi 3 if that helps anyone.

Well I guess nevermind???

2 reboots later and it started working, although I need to go through my IO because the probes and elements were reversed.

No change to the above setting in CBPi 3 if that helps anyone.

I know this is reviving a very old thread, but I just got my Hosehead humming with CBPi 2.2 and I was curious if you’d recommend upgrading to CBPi 3 with this system?

We’re there any pros/cons to upgrading the software or was it pretty transparent?

I want to stay current, but I’m cautious about switching after I finally got my PID logic tuned...

Back