Craft brews in Boston

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buna_Bere

Reaction score
Hey All,
I need some help finding a craft brew here in Boston. I found a package store in the south shore area that is loaded with craft brews.

Let me desribe the beer I'm looking for.

Low bitterness, no strong hop taste, but a little is fine.
Thick mouthfeel, alot of body, this is important, sweeter than average.
Lower in alcohol content 4-6 % range. (preferably in the 4's).
A little spice is ok, but not necessary, definetly not strong or overpowering, very mild.

I was drinking Sam Adams Summer Ale. (currently not available)
I have a third of a keg left of a Pumpkin Ale from Cambridge Brewing Company(currently not available)
I drink Harpoon's U.F.O.(Unfilterd Offering) Hefewiezen, the Harpoon Winter Warmer is way too spicy.

I've been reading about All Grain for a good 2 months now, I just have to assemble some equipment. The only thing I have is a keg and a CO2 tank.

I have no association with this package store I found, but if it can help me to find a beer I like I'll give the name. It is listed on the beeradvocate site. Its Derby Street wine and liquors in Hingham. I went to the whole foods market beside it, I heard they have a great selection of craft brews, but they didn't sell any alcohol, so I figured what the hell I'll try this wine and beer store next door, and wow, I never saw so many craft brews.

Any reccomendations would be great.

Thanks,
Bob

I'd also like to try something brewed with a high percentage of Munich, but I don't know what brands use it.

From looking at the beers you listed it appears you enjoy a light wheat beer.
One beer you may consider is the Long Trail Blackbeary wheat. It is very light on the fruit flavor but I find it to be just enough to add a little sweetness/aroma.

I am just getting into the Homebrew/craftbrew scene myself, but I have been drinking the Blackbeary wheat for years. Great summer beer imo.

It is nothing spectacular as far a Munich Dunkelsgo, but if you are looking for a taste of Munich malts the Dixie Blackened Voodoo is not bad at all. It should be somewhat easily attainable.

Thanks, I'm making a list, and of course checking it twice. It would be nice if you could just buy 1 of everything for the first time, that would be perfect. I tried a couple of Dogfish Heads on my first visit, the Santo Palo, and the Indian Brown Ale to help broaden my palette, I really wanted a thick malty beverage, wow these are intense beers, too much for me.

thanks again, Bob

Harpoon Munich Dark. Come by the brewery during visitor center hours and buy a growler from me! Trust me, youll be a fan.

Harpoon Munich Dark. Come by the brewery during visitor center hours and buy a growler from me! Trust me, youll be a fan.

Was also gonna suggest Harpoon Munich Dark. This is a great beer. I am a huge Harpoon IPA fan, but they put out a great lineup of beers. Sounds like you are already a fan of Harpoon. Look into their Friend of Harpoon card. They offer discounted events throughout the year as well as Harpoon Helps events to give back to the community. They are a very customer friendly brewery and a great Boston based craft beer.

sweet. thanks guys, I just looked at the Harpoon website, that munich dark sounds very interesting, definetly trying this one

Bob

Latest posts

Back