Craft beer pi 4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gusterminator

Reaction score
Hi guys.
I have modified my brewzilla 65l to use craft beer pi 4 as the controller. The brewzilla uses two relays. One to pull in the large element and the other to pull in the other two elements.
Does anyone know if craft beer pie PID can be set up to turn two GPIO pins on at the same time instead of only one?

Thanks.

Thanks, That's exactly what I did.
Do you know if kettles can share elements? I'd like to use two elements for the warm up and then switch to only one element to maintain temp.
I created two kettles and had one kettle with the grouped actors and then had the other kettle with one element.....I think this caused my system to freeze up. I'm not sure though.
can anyone verify this should work??
I'd also like to know if the notifications can be made to stay open. When I run the program and my notification for my hop additions comes up it disappears right away. I'd like it to stay open until I click on it.

Thanks for the help,

I don't know if kettles can successfully share elements, never tried that.

What you could try is the GitHub - avollkopf/cbpi4-DependentActor: Dependent Actor for CraftbeerPi4 plugin and a dummy actor to make one of the elements dependent on the state of a switch on the dashboard. Create a dummy actor that is your switch, a dependent actor that makes the one element actor dependent on the dummy, then add the dependent actor to the grouped actor. Then when the group actor is switched, the element should only be activated when the dummy is switched on. Logically it should work.

Notifications, in the CBPI4UI code tree, there is a timeout setting that is hard-coded to 5000 milliseconds in the components/alerts folder. Doesn't seem to have a UI configuration for changing that.

There is a dashboard item called Steps that displays the steps of your recipe on the dashboard. Don't know if that can help out somehow.

There isn't any installation information for the DependentActor. Would the following code work to install it?
sudo pip3 install cbpi4-DependentActor

I was able to successfully install the code with the above thanks,
When I run this code it doesn't recognize it!
cbpi add cbpi4-DependentActor
do I have to be in a certain directory when I run it? That line of code wouldn't work for me on any of the plug ins I installed.

Thanks again for the help :0)

I was able to successfully install the code with the above thanks,
When I run this code it doesn't recognize it!
cbpi add cbpi4-DependentActor
do I have to be in a certain directory when I run it? That line of code wouldn't work for me on any of the plug ins I installed.

Thanks again for the help :0)
Works straight on login to the pi user for me. Does the plugin show up in the actors dropdown when adding a new actor? If so, then the command is probably irrelevant. I've got cbpi in /usr/local/bin on my Raspberry Pi OS installation, can't remember if I had to copy it there, but I don't see anything in the command history. Try

/usr/local/bin/cbpi add cbpi4-DependentActor

If that works, then your path is missing /usr/local/bin/. I am running a forked version and it is a couple of months old as the new one want Python 3.9 and I haven't gotten around to upgrading yet.

for some reason my configuration gives me this.
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ /usr/local/bin/cbpi add cbpi4-DependentActor
Usage: cbpi [OPTIONS] COMMAND [ARGS]...
Try 'cbpi --help' for help.

Error: No such command 'add'

Back