CPVC Manifold

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syvmn

Reaction score
I thought I would give the CPVC bottom a try. I have been using the SS braid and just got sick of it floating and my spoon catching it.

A lot of the CPVC manifolds I've seen have all sorts of T's and elbows and whatnot. I thought I would give it a try with lightly heating and bending the pipe. Its not perfect but for a first try it seemed to work out great. I ran some test water through it and it left 10oz. I'm not really sure if thats good or bad but it seemed a lot better than my braid.

It uses slightly less than a 4' piece of CPVC and 3 T's. I also added Stainless screws to give it rigidity and so I can clean it.

What do you think?

13794349736120_zps199fdd5d.jpg

13794349815481_zpse20769d8.jpg

From the outside-in it is:
5/8" brass valve, nylon washer, 5/8" brass threaded pipe, stock cooler gasket, nylon washer, 5/8" brass coupler, copper 5/8" MPT - 1/4" pipe, 1/4" CPVC.

Yes, slides into the copper and fastened with a small #6 stainless screw. The copper fitting is the same 1/4" size as the CPVC, the other (threaded) side is 5/8".

I would like to do a full cross in the middle instead of just 3-way "T", but I cant find a 4-way 1/4" CPVC fitting.

Latest posts

Back