Cow salami

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniele96

Reaction score
In Piedmont in the past cows were one of the most important resources for countryside areas. Veals were used for meat and cows to make milk wich was used make cheese. When the cow was too old to continue to work it was slaughtered and used to make salami of "turgia" (in our dialect turgia means old cow).
To make them I use the part of the leg or the chest mixed with fresh pork belly, salt (3%), pever and red wine. Cow salami must be eaten when they are fresh yet (about 3/4 weeks minimum but not more than 2 months)
Salame-di-turgia.jpeg

Motzetta is like a spiced bresaola made with cow meat (fillet or leg pieces are the best part to make it)
20200106_181300.jpeg
20200106_181234.jpeg

Looks awesome! Really makes me want to take a vacation to your part of the world and enjoy the gastronomy!

Italian dude named Daniele who looked roughly like your avatar... So that wasn't you?
No [emoji23] I don't know the program you are speaking about and I am not able to make pizza very well although I know some good "pizzaiolo" here in Italy

Back