"country wine" help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnync

Reaction score
I am new to making wine.
The reason I started was to make a" country" wine I drank 25 or so years ago

I have made welchs wine........nope
apfelwein................nope
pear wine..............nope

This wine was "cloudy' not refined, made with grapes,sweet,....but not to harsh on the ABV.........from what I can remember
But Im sure it can be made with other fruits.

everything I have tried so far taste like.....well wine!

I want the "homemade wine" like grandpa used to make and hide in the pack house with the cured hams.

I want the "homemade wine" like grandpa used to make and hide in the pack house with the cured hams.
Modern home wine-making uses some "old-time" recipes and techniques. I don't have links, but there are some old country wine recipe books around. Also, there is a lot of good info on the Jack Keller site. He has researched and made a lot of country wines. Some of his comments might be useful to you, but you may have to dig around on his rather extensive site.

I would be VERY interested if you find the recipe or one like it. I think about this everytime I hear "Dust on the Bottle"

Modern home wine-making uses some "old-time" recipes and techniques. I don't have links, but there are some old country wine recipe books around. Also, there is a lot of good info on the Jack Keller site. He has researched and made a lot of country wines. Some of his comments might be useful to you, but you may have to dig around on his rather extensive site.

Thnak you for that link, I think you just single handedly changed the course of my next 12 hours lol :tank:

Back