Counterflow immersion chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjbalough

Reaction score
Just brainstorming here. Has anyone made or considered an immersion counterflow chiller? I'm visualizing an immersion chiller, that has an inner tubbing for siphon fed counter flow final cooling of the wort being transfered to a fermentor. I'm visualizing using an auto siphon connected through the counterflow inner coil.

I'm gonna need a little more on this one. Are you talking about using it at two different stages in the brewing process? If not, what is it to be immersed in if you are transferring wort through it? Are you talking about having a double copper counter flow chiller that is immersed in the wort that is being pumped through the inner core, potentially cooling the whole batch slightly as you are cooling what is being transferred out?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I only have an IC so I might be off here but if you make a CFC you will get down to the temp you want in one pass so I'm not understanding why you would need to also try to get some cooling by immersing it.
Maybe I'm just not following.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I only have an IC so I might be off here but if you make a CFC you will get down to the temp you want in one pass so I'm not understanding why you would need to also try to get some cooling by immersing it.
Maybe I'm just not following.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Kinda my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back