• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Counterflow Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markd27

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I recently built one of these, and decided to make two since I really wanted it to be 25' and could not find the hose and copper in this length. I used 3/8" copper and the goodyear high temp hose so hopefully this should last. Also used all stainless hose clamps and it has been tested under pressure.

I'm afraid of the shipping cost on this, but let's say $50 local and $65 shipped, that's basically materials cost and I took care of the work for you :D

Thanks for looking.

SOLD!

IMG_3634 - Version 2.jpg

IMG_3635.jpg

Looking at this on my phone, small pics. Does this have hose connections, ready to use? If so, I'll take it.

now when you hook everything up, the wort comes out the temp of the water correct? I assume you have to regulate how fast so it has more surface time, but the NEXT step would be a plate chiller? We need a chiller and looking for advice, this seems like a great deal...

Yes, in theory should exit at ground water temp. Plate chiller works on same premise, in theory you are only getting down to the temp of the water that is passing over the plates. I may be wrong though, I'm pretty dumb.

Latest posts

Back