Counter Pressure Filler Worth It?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChefyTim

SudsChef
Reaction score
I was thinking of buying this counter pressure filler.

Is it really worth it?

Looks like after shipping it'll be around $72 bucks.

I have tried to make one but end up with a huge mess and a ton of wasted brew.

Here is the one I made which does work but I seem to waste too much beer.

I enjoy brewing the beer more than drinking it (and the wife says I'm going to be a drunk :drunk:) so I have been bottling up the beer and giving it away. I have had a ton of people crying about bottles that explode when opened so natural cabonation is not working too well for me so I keg then bottle.

Cheers,
Tim

Looks similar to the one I bought from MoreBeer, and it works great. The only beer I lose is when I (optionally) flush the filler before starting each new bottle-- it helps minimize the foam when filling.

My 2 cents.

Oh, and I did lose some of beer a few times when I forgot to shut off the beverage valve and pulled the filler out of the bottle :cross: d'oh!

Hey Tim,
I used the BMBF for a while and then recently picked up the counter pressure filler from Morebeer. It works very well and is easy to use as it only has one three way ball valve instead of the two the one you linked to has.

The BMBF works well, but you can't purge the bottles and I've had oxidation issues using it. Not always and there are ways to avoid it, but I decided the counter pressure filler was the best option for me. The one from more beer is a little more money but only a couple of dollars more.

I would look for a BeerGun on ebay/craigslist. It took me about a month and a half but I picked mine up for $55 with all the extras and everything to use it. I really like the beergun. my .02

Back