Counter Pressure Bottle Filler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredderick

Reaction score
I know I can make this on my own but I was looking to just buy one... Do you have any suggestions or recommendations on the best off the shelf counter pressure bottle filler and hose set up?

I like my Blichmann beer gun a lot.

I have never used a CP bottle filler or the beer gun but I have heard the CP filler is harder to use but actually causes less carbonation loss... Is that true? If so, is the difference in carb loss enough to even care about or make the more complicated CP filler worth it?

I have never used a CP bottle filler or the beer gun but I have heard the CP filler is harder to use but actually causes less carbonation loss... Is that true? If so, is the difference in carb loss enough to even care about or make the more complicated CP filler worth it?

Any suggestions

I am also interested in this. I don't want to buy an entire Blichmann setup so I may do the ghetto one I found that uses a siphon dip tube and picnic tap.

If you have perlick the Bowey (sp?) looks like a good choice. Personally I am still running picnic taps and I fill bottles with just a piece of tube stuck up the picnic tap nozzle :D

If you have perlick the Bowey (sp?) looks like a good choice. Personally I am still running picnic taps and I fill bottles with just a piece of tube stuck up the picnic tap nozzle :D

Oh just a tube would work... thats actually a really good idea. How long of a piece do you use? Just long enough to get to the bottom of the bottle?

Oh just a tube would work... thats actually a really good idea. How long of a piece do you use? Just long enough to get to the bottom of the bottle?

Yeah pretty much, the sanitise it (I use star san in a spray bottle) shove it in, sanitise again and your good to go.
Takes a little practice to get where to fill it to to account for removing the tube etc. but it is pretty easy.

Yeah pretty much, the sanitise it (I use star san in a spray bottle) shove it in, sanitise again and your good to go.
Takes a little practice to get where to fill it to to account for removing the tube etc. but it is pretty easy.

How much foam does this cause and how do you avoid oxidation

Back