Could it really be? This is a bitter-sweet moment.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThreeTaps

Reaction score
Today was what will most likely be my last brew day of the year. Upon the completion of today's Oatmeal Stout, I have made 20 gallons of various varieties of beer within one month, and will be amply stocked for the months to come. Minus a quick mix of Apfelwein in a few days, today marks a bitter-sweet day in the Three Taps Brewing household.

You can see four images of the brew day in my brew blog. :(

However! Now the drinking process begins (well, in 1 more week)! :mug:

I think the winter months would be fun to brew in, although I haven't been brewing long enough to find out. Guess we shall see lol. I def can't keep beer around long enough to stop for that long.

Ohhh come now, just have some friends over now and then and 20 gallons will blow by faster than you could ever imagine. When I have my buddies over we can easily polish off a 5 gal corny in a night... I would just cut back on brewing, like to 5 gal a month and just try to share a ton with friends, its always fun and that way you have a nice variety to enjoy. I currently have 20+ gallons stored up so I cut back to brewing once a month and only 5 gal at a time (normally I do 10) for a nice variety, plus I love sharing with friends.

Only 20 gallons?

I have 8-9 kegs full, 2 on tap, about 100+ bottles of meads/ciders (about 50 more empty), 1 mead ready to bottle, 2 ciders and 3-4 beers fermenting right now...not to mention lots of cider/meads I have aging for a couple of years now... :ban:

Get a kegging system and sponsor a party. Your beer will disappear sooner than you know it and all the while being appreciated by BMC drinkers. Who knows? Maybe you'll convert some BMC'ers over to the dark side. muhahahaaa

man its just starting to be brew time for me, normaly just do one extral large batch of october fest buring the summer and keep thay on ice till now ;)
it just to hot to brew by late june till late september, i have 6 brews plained for between now and the end of november and many of thoes are 10 gal batches, my wife is due at the end of november, and she has demanded i have a chocolate stout, that is ready and tapped for when she gets home from the hospital.

but yoy should make some long term stuff like a mead, porter and a few ciders
dont stop brewing just get more friends, i my self almost dread when we host UFC fights, last time we polished off 5 gal of cream ale and 10 gal of nut brown,

between the fight and beer is was an exspincive evening

Only 20 gallons?

I have 8-9 kegs full, 2 on tap, about 100+ bottles of meads/ciders (about 50 more empty), 1 mead ready to bottle, 2 ciders and 3-4 beers fermenting right now...not to mention lots of cider/meads I have aging for a couple of years now... :ban:

I WISH I could do that right now! Alas, I haven't started making the "big bucks" yet (where my soon to be achieved DOD government employed software engineering job will kick in), so I can't justify that kind of purchasing with my wife. Soon though! If it was up to me, I'd be doing a nut brown and blueberry wit next weekend. The wife seems to think that just under $500 in one month is enough...pssshhh...yeah right!

I really need to practice stocking up in the winter months with a nice variety of summer beers. winter brewing is MUCH more comfortable for me than brewing in the summer heat and humidity with the furnaces blasting.

Sure, boil off is insane but, I can work around that.

I just need to remember to keep the chill water on the lawn so's it doesn't turn the drive into an ice rink.

Im weeping after i read this thread.....No more brewing? Im sooooo sorry to hear this unfortunate news.

I'm sorry my dear but this is just the silliest thing I've ever read on HBT. Good grieve, how can you even suggest that you've brewed enough? Are you mad? :D :D :D

I agree with Gremlyn1. Also, don't try to pretend that you don't already have your next 4 or 5 beers on "the list". :p

I WISH I could do that right now! Alas, I haven't started making the "big bucks" yet (where my soon to be achieved DOD government employed software engineering job will kick in), so I can't justify that kind of purchasing with my wife. Soon though! If it was up to me, I'd be doing a nut brown and blueberry wit next weekend. The wife seems to think that just under $500 in one month is enough...pssshhh...yeah right!

HAHA!!! I'll be retiring from my Gob'ment job in January...more time to brew...WOOHOO!!! :rockin:

Back