Quantcast

Costco whirlpool collar size?

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

schristian619

Reaction score
I have one of the 7cu? whirlpool chest freezers from costco. My 4 kegs and 5lb tank fit snuggly. Anyway, I was planning on measuring for my collar tonight and stopping by lowes tomorrow after work, but plans have changed a bit. Now I can't get there tomorrow or this weekend and was hoping to get the wood tonight. Problem: I haven't measured yet. Does anyone have this freezer and have built a collar that can help me out with the measurements? I was planning on using straight cuts to alleviate the potential mishaps of 45 degree ones, and attach the collar to the base, not the lid. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

culaslucas

Reaction score
I was planning on using straight cuts to alleviate the potential mishaps of 45 degree ones
+1 on that man, I used a miter saw & they still didn't come out well. Wasted $30 on wood. ARRGH. Straight cuts are the way to go IMHO.

Can't help on the collar height though - what you could do is search the forums for the whirlpool, find a pic where somebody has made a collar for it and use the taps to estimate height you need.....

OP
S

schristian619

Reaction score
That's exactly what i want to avoid...heard too many similar stories. As far as size, I'm looking for the length and width of the freezer. ie. hol long I should cut the wood since I'm having them cut it for me. I am planning on using 2x6's. I think 6" will give me the head room I want and will be plenty for the taps, regulator/distibutor mounting.

ShortSnoutBrewing

Kwanesum Chinook Illahee
Reaction score
I've got 2x4's on mine. No problem. Same one from Costco. 2 8' pieces should do you just fine. Or buy a 3 as a backup. They're cheap enough.

Latest posts