Corsendonk Clone help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gilde

Reaction score
I'd be interested in finding out if anyone has some experience with a Belgian beer called Corsendonk. I purchased a 4-pack on Friday evening and I love it...It also may be the perfect girlfriend friendly beer since she tends to think that darker beers have too much flavor :confused: It is brewed by "Brewery Du Bocq" in Oud-Turnhout, Belgium. The description on the bottle reads as follows:

Abbey Pale Ale - A pale golden abbey ale brewed by master craftsmen in the classic "tripel" style. Dry and delicate, with a distinctive hop bouquet and palate character, this bottle-conditioned beer has the finesse of methode champenoise and will mature in bottle, becoming softer and smoother. Best stored, and served at 45-55 F.

I have the clone beer book and the closest I can get in terms of description and alcohol content is the Affligem Abbey Tripel.

I also have some interest in understanding the clone book when certain recipes call for using DME as opposed to sugar in the bottling bucket...Does this have the requisite sugar to create carbonation???

Also, if anyone has a tried and true recipe for a tripel style I would be interested in the ingredients and any other "tips" for doing a Belgian beer...

Thanks in advance for any information.

corsendonk has a great xmas ale : [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Tjf9EkGJo]Corsendonk Christmas Ale - Epic Beer Dude w/ a special guest cameo by the Bag Lady - YouTube[/ame]

Corsendonk has changed the names of their two main brews a few times. One used to be Abbey Brown. It's perhaps my favorite beer. The Abbey Blonde is now called something like Pale Ale (that's the one you're mentioning). Their Christmas Ale is indeed excellent, too. New to brewing, but I'd one day like to try a clone.

Back