correct o2 tank for home brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pie_Man

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question, but can I use this oxygen tank for aeration? It doesn't have the valve on top that I would expect...

ForumRunner_20120218_140347.jpg

The hardware for these is expensive, it looks like it is a medical tank which have different regs. Just grab the tanks from home depot, there cheap and easy to use

It's called a post style valve! You would need a regulator made for it and use .5 liters per min. flow! The only thing is if do not have a prescription for the use of the cylinder you are breaking the law! This is a Medical gas cylinder and regulated by the FDA!!!!

Thanks. The tank was $2.50 at a thrift store that I was dropping stuff off to so I thought I'd ask.

You can use it for aeration. You will need to get an o2 reg. I got a 5 lpm one, which has a setting for .25 lpm. You need a key to open the valve or just use a wrench. To fill it you need a script.

Back