Corny Post

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunder

Reaction score
I kegged my irish red yesterday.When i tried to put the disconnects on the corny posts they would get stuck,would be very hard as well to remove from
post.So i had another keg i took both post off and those worked fine?
no noticable burrs on post either? f.y.i. i bought new discconnects from nbrewer

#1 Make sure the post's match the disconnects. The gas side is different than the liquid side. Gas side will usually have notches or lines around the base. It also may be as simple as needing to lube the o-ring, they can get sticky if left dry. I actually put a small amount of lube around the inside of the disconnect as well.

#1 Make sure the post's match the disconnects. The gas side is different than the liquid side. Gas side will usually have notches or lines around the base. It also may be as simple as needing to lube the o-ring, they can get sticky if left dry. I actually put a small amount of lube around the inside of the disconnect as well.

No i bought four total 2 gas,2 liquid.either side i choose disconnects will not go on all the way.notice in my post that the posts from the other keg are working fine

Back