Corny kegs on e-bay for $18.00

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ordered from this guy. "The Keg King" $60 for 4 kegs, shipping included in the price. That comes out to $15 each. I'll report to the quality of them when they are delivered to me.

The cheapest I can find them for here in town (Portland) is $20.00 each from a soft drink distributor. They are about two miles from my house. They told me they will sell me the ones used for soda water so there would be minimal clean up. I might get a few from them after I recondition the ones I get in the mail. Pepsi and Coke refuse to sell their old kegs, and send them to the local metal scrap yard for destruction. Jerks!

I drove over to Steinbart's and bought a bunch of gasket sets and some keg lube. You guys might think im crazy, but I actually like taking things apart and reconditioning stuff my self. Im sure they will be gleaming and sparkling like mirrors when im finished.

I just bot a dozen kegs from the Keg King, they looked real good, no dents or damage. Most were still pressurized from being used in the pop industry. All mine were matched Cornelius kegs, though they did have Firestone as well. I haven't washed mine out yet but will get to the 4 that I am going to keep this weekend, some had some residual syrup in them and some were dry but all were uncleaned when I picked them up. MPW

I am torn between the Keg King and the link Sam provided. I guess it depends where you are in the US, but I can get a ball lock keg with new popit and gaskets for $28.50 from hombrewing.org. I suspect that if I order 2 or 4 the shipping cost per keg will come down. That seems like a deal. They say they are cleaned, but I am not sure how clean?!?!

The Keg King is $75 for four cornelius kegs including shipping, and while the guy assures me they are pressure tested, they will need new gaskets and probably popits.

Seems to me that if you can get them for $25 with new gaskets and popits delivered to your door, you are doing well.....just my opinion from my research.

Gilbey

Gilbey said:
The Keg King is $75 for four cornelius kegs including shipping

WOW! He has raised his rates. Sorry for the mis-information in my earlier post. I paid $60 for for my Cornys. I just looked at the link that I provided and I guess he did raise the price up a little bit. I guess I lucked out with my order. I should get mine by the end of the week.

Well it is still a bargin at any rate. Not that it has anything to do with any business of mine but still.

Looks like the King sells Firestone kegs 4 for $65, Cornelius 4 for $75, but again, that includes shipping which is a pretty good deal. Gaskets at least would have to be replaced. I however went with Sam's source above. Use the calculate shipping feature to find out whether it is worth it for you. I ordered 3 kegs with new gaskets and popits for $76 including shipping to me in NJ. Seemed like a good deal. The guy said they were cleaned, but I will take them apart and give 'em a good scrubbing before use anyway.

Just my $ .02 .

Gilbey

I hate all of you!! ;)

All of this free shipping you guys are bragging about gives me fits. No one gives free shipping to AK, and it usually costs more than the product!!!

$125 for a new keg or $99 for a used/slightly dented keg?
I just bend over and spend the extra to get the new one most times. Don't ever move to Alaska.

Got my 3 kegs yesterday, and they are in great shape....barely a scratch on them! They came pressurized, so there is no doubt they are leak free. I will strip them down this weekend, give them a good cleaning, replace popits and gaskets, etc. I have an ESB ready to go into one of them.

Gilbey

I noticed the "Keg King" being mentioned here. Beware of dealing with the Keg King. I placed a large order. The check was promptly cashed, but two months later, no shipment. He has cut off all communications with me. A quick search of public records revealed a lengthy criminal record. I have seen "Keg King" mentioned on many websites, but have yet to hear from anybody that has actually recieved an order.

Take a look at this http://www.morebeer.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6844&start=0&postdays=0&posto , and http://www.brewboard.com/index.php?showtopic=42014 .

WOW, that stinks. Sorry you got burned.

Mine are all ball locks.

Gilbey

Back