• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Corny Kegs and CO2 tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonGrafto

Reaction score
Quick questions for you all out there. I have an opportunity to jump into kegging and have a guy that has some ball lock corny kegs that all hold pressure and is wililng to sell for $25.00. Is this a good deal?
He also has a couple of steel C02 tanks (18-20 lbs) that are still certified and he is willing to do $35.00 on the tank.

Let me know your thoughts on this and if I should jump in the car now to get them!!!

Thanks!

$35 is still a good deal. Online stores have ball locks for $50. There was a guy selling them for $60 and sold close to 80 in 3 days

Some other home brewer beat me to the stash. I was able to get the guy to hold 2 cornys and a co2 tank for me but someone came in and bought the other 12 cornys. Oh well. 2 cornys and a 20 lb steel tank for $70.00.

JonGrafto said:
Some other home brewer beat me to the stash. I was able to get the guy to hold 2 cornys and a co2 tank for me but someone came in and bought the other 12 cornys. Oh well. 2 cornys and a 20 lb steel tank for $70.00.

That's still a great deal!

JonGrafto said:

Thats what you get for posting such a sweet deal here. This shoulda been a "Look at what I scored today" thread. ;)

So the two cornys I got are different. They are both ball lock bit the pressure relief valve is different. I think one is an old Firestone that is just a plastic push and the other is a standard ring pull type. Is this going to be an issue?? LHBS said I have to replace the entire lid. Thoughts please!!!!

as long as they both hold pressure dont worry about it. All of mine are pull ring which can be replaced for $5. If you are concerned about it adventures in homebrewing is selling new lids for $15

as long as they both hold pressure dont worry about it. All of mine are pull ring which can be replaced for $5. If you are concerned about it adventures in homebrewing is selling new lids for $15
Doesn't matter, you'll be fine as long as they hold pressure, you got a good deal. I just paid $185 for 4 ball locks today off fleabay.

I can't say without seeing, but it sounds like one may be a pin lock lid. Not a big deal though, I have some like that. As long as it holds pressure, you're good. Just push on the gas poppet to release pressure...

Back