Corny Keg will hold pressure with pennies - but not without

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lhommedieu

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have an old corny keg that will hold pressure with two pennies under the prongs, but without pennies it will slowly lose pressure. I've also replaced the gaskets and use keg lube on them. The problem is definitely with the lid - not the posts.

The problem that I have is that to get the prongs to sit squarely on a couple of pennies takes a lot of time and effort.

Is there an alternate way? I was thinking about gluing strips of something on the side of the top where the prongs stop, maybe some kind of rubber that's a little bit thicker than a penny?

OR

Am I just better off replacing the lid (Occam's razor)?

http://www.homebrewing.org/product.asp?itemid=1415&utm_source=google&utm_medium=ProductAds&gclid=Cj0KEQiAiamlBRCgj83PiYm6--gBEiQArnojD0zYdPfm8vw8H75UM6KJlLJehVWEcN5UtO4QZFVVz1IaAr4m8P8HAQ

New lid feet link here would likely solve the problem for cheap unless the rail is bent, but unless money is tight I'd spend the 16 bucks for a new replacement lid. You might first check your local brew shop. I needed a new pressure relief valve and they just gave me two since they had a recent shipment of used corneys come in and had a lot of spare parts.

Latest posts

Back