Corny Keg Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whisler85

Reaction score
I just bought myself four refurbished (new o-rings) Corny kegs from morebeer.com and have already sanitized and filled them all

i dont have a kegging system yet, but figured i could store them in the kegs for the time being so i can stop buying glass carboys every week

everyone seems to be talking about the ball-valve versions of the kegs, but mine arent like that- they have two posts, one that says in, and one that says out and is attached to the metal tube that goes to the bottom of the keg

was getting these a bad decision? should i switch to the other kind? can i buy lids for the cornies to make this conversion? or am i fine with these cornies and i should just look more into a system for them?

some of that good ole' expert advice would be great about now! i need to get to drinkin!

There are two kinds of kegs, ball and pin, your sounds like ball, you have to buy: in/out quick ball lock disconnects. If it is pin they have disconnects for those. RDWHAHB. As for buying kegs the No, getting those kegs was most likely the best thing you have done in some time, you can secondary in the as well as serve beer that is bettered monitored. Just do some searches online to find out if your cornys are ball or pin.

Cheers, kegging is awesome and way easier

Each keg has IN (CO2) in and an Out (Beer) port. You need that long tube which draws the beer from the bottom of the keg. There is a small one on the CO2 side but it only protrudes about 1.5 to 2 inches into the keg. How high did you fill these kegs as you don't really want the gas to be under the beer surface.

You likely have ball lock kegs as stated above. Make sure you get some keg lube when you but the reamining parts.

It is not a bad idea to give each keg a shot of CO2 after you fill them so the lid seals but it sounds like you don't have the tank and regulator yet.

Back