Corny keg not holding pressure after O2 purge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmbtmdc520

Reaction score
So I have brewed and fermented a beer for my sister's wedding reception, and in order to transport this beer, I tried to shoot about 10 psi in the keg in order to keep it from oxidizing. Well, after purging 10 psi of CO2 in it, and disconnecting the gas, it lost pressure. I tried 15psi and disconnected it, same result. Then I tried 20psi, and after disconnecting, I learned that the gas in valve of the corny keg was slowly leaking gas. Lightly pushing on the small gas in pin stopped the leak. Too much pressure on this pin caused rapid gas leaking, but a slight pressure stopped the hissing. Sounds like a faulty corny keg, right?

You realize you posted the exact same thing one minute prior to this post, in the same section right? Or considering the time you posted, maybe you had a few brews?! LOL.

but I do not want to force carbonate it too early...

why?

and- if its not carbonated, any pressure you put into the headspace will absorb into the beer. thats where your pressure is going. or enough absorbed into the beer that the head pressure was low enough to cause the lid to loose its seal.

then after the lid looses its seal, the CO2 that absorbed will start to come back out and you will be left with even less CO2.

just carbonate the beer :drunk:

Back