Corny Keg Gas In Post Connector

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A1sportsdad

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, so still getting setup for kegging. I received my used Corny kegs. The Gas In Post is a little odd. I has like a star style connector not a hex head. Not sure where to find the right tool to remove it. I think I will probably replace them with a hex style to make it easier. Anyone know anything about the tool to remove them?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_E0019[1].JPG
    IMG_E0019[1].JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
I just got this exact one. Works for the 12-point star gas in and the 6-point liquid out. A deep socket might give you better leverage since the spacing can be a bit tight but this one works juuuust fine

Santa brought me one of these (for ball lock posts only) and I like it so far. Not affiliated with the guy who makes them. I may have seen another one similar too.
1674090046542.png

I've had the same mechanics wrench set for over 25 years and been working on cars since I learned to drive but I didn't recognize that a 12 point wrench would work on that style of keg post when I first got one myself!

Santa brought me one of these (for ball lock posts only) and I like it so far. Not affiliated with the guy who makes them. I may have seen another one similar too.
View attachment 810531
I've had the same mechanics wrench set for over 25 years and been working on cars since I learned to drive but I didn't recognize that a 12 point wrench would work on that style of keg post when I first got one myself!
Ditto to that last statement. Never would have realized my 12 point sockets would work here.

Back