Corny Keg for my Kegarator, does it work?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mulita

Reaction score
Hello Guys, I am new in the forum and new into brewing, actually I am going to start on this hobby, however I want to go directly into kegging my beer as this year I build my bar with a kegarator integrated and its dimension for kegs are 25"H x 19"W x 18.75 long, I´ve been reading that the corny keg goes for 23" Height but once with couplers this need 27" which take me out for this option. Is any way I can make this keg fit into my Kegarator? If I can make it work I will be able to handle 3 or 4 of them, 2 will be great for me. Anybody have worked something similar? or have a similar size Kegarator? Thanks in advance for help. Here is a picture of my kegarator.

DSC01397.jpg

Welcome! It's hard to tell with that picture - is that a converted refrigerator or a cabinet that you'll be cooling? If it's a cabinet I would recommend trying to drop the floor a couple inches, since you're only 2" away from clearance.

Pin lock kegs are a little shorter than the ball lock kegs. Pin locks range from 22-23" high. They are a bit wider though, at 9".

You will be able to get two and there for sure, and I would bet that three would fit.

Pin lock kegs are a little shorter than the ball lock kegs. Pin locks range from 22-23" high. They are a bit wider though, at 9".

You will be able to get two and there for sure, and I would bet that three would fit.

Aren't the disconnects for pin locks bigger though? I though either way the total height was 27".

I bought ball lock kegs from kegconnection.com. measured them just now and they need 25 3/4 " clearance. I think the kegs I have are very standard ball lock cornies

Aren't the disconnects for pin locks bigger though? I though either way the total height was 27".

To be honest, I don't really know. I have never used pin locks.

I have to agree with NateKerx's measurements though. My ball locks measure 25 3/4" including connections as well.

To be honest, I don't really know. I have never used pin locks.

I have to agree with NateKerx's measurements though. My ball locks measure 25 3/4" including connections as well.

I've never measured them, but I'll go along with that.

Professor Frink said:
Professor Frink Welcome! It's hard to tell with that picture - is that a converted refrigerator or a cabinet that you'll be cooling?

Thanks. This is a cabinet that I am cooling.

natekerx said:
I bought ball lock kegs from kegconnection.com. measured them just now and they need 25 3/4 " clearance. I think the kegs I have are very standard ball lock cornies

NateKerx, that is what I was looking for, thanks for taking the time to measure them. I just go back and measure back again my space in the fridge and I have just exactly that 25 3/4 - 26" inside clearance, so it will be tied but I can make it work

Scinerd3000. That's one of the images that I found in micromatic to check size, however, not having a reference of the disconnects or having a dimension as reference that was out of what I can do, made me asked for references about if it can be done anyway ( maybe using a kind of low profile coupler as exists for commercials). Now with this reference from NateKerx, this is going to be tied but think I can make it. I am going to need to get at least one to try on for size.

Thanks a lot to all guys for the feedback.

Latest posts

Back