Corny converted sanke keg question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cposten

Reaction score
I was on my way for a pick up from work and got talking to a guy who gave me a corny keg. Have no experience with these at all but have seen pics and this one has a sanke adaptor welded in place of the lid. Its a ball lock but when I took off the protector on the inlet it look solid and had some epoxy on it. Got a pic below, sorry for he bad quality of it. My question is if there is any chance id be able to put a spear in it and use it as a corny again or is it destined to be as it is? Thanks

Sent from my SM-T210R using Home Brew mobile app

1389312524054.jpg

It looks like the sanke fitting is welded on top of the keg. You would not be able to fill normally or clean. IMO I would use it as a sanke.

That's a fairly rare keg. Sabco did some of those conversions. The way to tell if it was a Sabco is right below the upper rubber ring check to see if there is a Date imprint preceded by an S. If you have no use for it, trade or sell it. I would put the worth about 1 1/2 to 2X a regular ball lock keg.

Yea it has a s date. Thanks for the feed back fellas.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Home Brew mobile app

Yea it has a s date. Thanks for the feed back fellas.

That's good news, now you know that the weld was sanitary and not some hack job.

P.S. If you decide to sell it or trade it I wouldn't let it go for less than $75.00 -$100.00 depending on how it looks. Get some plastic dip and recover the old threaded post you scraped off.

Latest posts

Back