Corney Post O-Ring Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmurray

Reaction score
I saw in many places the list of replacement O-rings for Corney kegs to order from McMaster Carr. I have Pin Lock Kegs.

I bought the full set, but ever since I changed my Post O-Rings I have been running through CO2 like Crazy! I've been spraying every connection with Starsan out of a spray bottle and couldn't find leaks.

Finally started looking even harder and I'm getting leaking from around the O-Rings. because of their position and gravity I couldn't get the foamy water to stay in the seam to create an air bubble to help me find the leak sooner!

So here is my question. I bought these http://www.mcmaster.com/#o-rings/=7q1019

AS568A Dash Number 011

Are the O-Rings for pin lock kegs larger than ball lock kegs? I'm going to go up a size and that should fix the issue, but for peace of mind and maybe to help anyone else out there down the road... Has anyone else dealt with this?

Thanks,
Mark

When I buy o rings for my kegs,
my supplier asks which type of qd.
So, I'd say yes, pin lock require larger rings.
Dave.

I've tried #112 for my pinlocks and they fit loose in the gland. #111 is OK in silicone but I've had a few leaks using the bunaN.

OK... I'm an idiot. I went to look for different O-Rings today and I grabbed one of my current O-Rings to bring with me. They are infact the #111 BunaN.

So I take it you suggest sticking with the #111 and just get some silicone ones?

When you get to the 200 series, the cross section of the ring goes up to 3/32" instead of 1/8". I have a #210 and I checked how it fits into slot on the keg an it's pretty snug. It might slim down if you go with a smaller diameter and stretch it over the post but it would take some experimenting. If anything, #204 would be closer.

Back