Corian Repair Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buckrogers71

Reaction score
We have a Corian tub surround in our bathroom. My daughter managed to break off one of the shelves (the shelf fits into a slot).

I called the guy that put it in and he said to use silicone to reattach it. Tried that along w/ some tape and it didnt hold.

I thought of using liquid nails but I dont know if that would work.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I used to help my Dad do kitchen/bath installations all the time. Here's what I'd do:

Corian makes a special two-part "glue" used in making seams/joints and repairs. It's like an epoxy that, when cured, is nearly identical to the solid surface material it's used to join. You can get it anywhere that Corian is sold or installed. Be careful with the stuff - it's bad for your skin, and it'll stick to ANYTHING. Use a small amount, mix it thoroughly, and the shelf should stick permanently.

Silicone was a terrible idea, BTW.

Yuri_Rage said:
I used to help my Dad do kitchen/bath installations all the time. Here's what I'd do:

Corian makes a special two-part "glue" used in making seams/joints and repairs. It's like an epoxy that, when cured, is nearly identical to the solid surface material it's used to join. You can get it anywhere that Corian is sold or installed. Be careful with the stuff - it's bad for your skin, and it'll stick to ANYTHING. Use a small amount, mix it thoroughly, and the shelf should stick permanently.

Silicone was a terrible idea, BTW.

Thanks! I saw some on ebay, but wanted to be sure that that was what I needed before I bought it.
Thanks again

It comes in several shades of color (solid only) to match the material being joined. Make sure you get one that's a close match to your tub surround.

Back