Copper Tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dominator6

Reaction score
So I came across a good chunk of copper tubing that is coiled (somewhat) and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas to help me bend it into a good coil to cool down the wort on the next batch that I'm brewing? I have to get one more connector to go from 1/2" to 3/8" which is what the tubing measures. Any ideas?
Tyler

What I usually do is to straighten it out first by pushing it through a piece of rigid tubing. Then roll it up around something that is the size that you want. A corny keg is a perfect diameter for most pots.

I would actually recommend not straightening it out first. Every time you bend it, you're hardening it too. Use a form as mentioned but only work the existing coil to the tighter diameter.

I used a paint can when I wrapped my chiller. I didn't straighten the coil, just wrapped it like mentioned above.

Bobby_M is correct, do not straighten your tubing first. I forgot that the last couple times I did this it was for a CFC where I needed to run it through a garden hose first.

Will give it a whirl. Can't seem to talk the wife into a kegerator yet so I have to get some more bottles. ARGGG!

Latest posts

Back