Copper Drip Tray made from an old gutter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillhousesawdustco

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey all, I've been scheming for a little while now about what kind of drip tray I'm going to use on my 4-tap keezer. I don't want to buy a pre-made one and like the idea of using something rather random that will keep with the rustic nature of my bar.
I like the heating vent and woodsmoker trays, but don't have any lying around. I do, however, have some pretty neat old copper gutters with some of the original mounting hardware laying around. I was thinking I could even solder on a copper drain that I could pipe into my plumbing. I've also got a bunch of old, small diameter copper pipes and some long copper nails (for some reason). I was thinking I could solder them on near the top of the open gutter and create the necessary sturdy-yet-full-of-drainage kind of tray necessary for supporting overflowing beers.
Is there anything that I'm completely blanking on that makes this a stupid idea?
Thanks.

Thanks wyazz, that's really really cool and very close to what I'm going for. I make take a little inspiration from it and just skip the pint-support just use the gutter just as a gutter. I'm definitely not going to shine mine up quite that extensively...that's some serious bling!

Back