Cooper's Mexican Cerveza / Cooper's Wheat Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterDrew

Reaction score
Good Evening all! A friend of mine bestowed on me a couple pre-hopped cans of Coopers Malt in the variety of Mexican Cerveza along with their Wheat Beer. Here I am sitting on a couple empty kegs and I figured I would have some fun with some easy Brew kits. I made a jaunt down to the Local Home Brew Establishment and picked up 3 lbs extra light DME for the Cerveza along with White Labs Cry Havoc which was recommended as a yeast that might give similar characteristics as a Lager yeast only at room temperature fermentation. Seemed pretty straightforward on this can.

The crazy idea came when discussing which yeast to pitch on the Wheat Beer version. I grabbed 3 lbs wheat DME and am sitting on an unused Wyeast Trappist Ale (have a trippel in primary at the moment that is looking like it's not going to stall out). So we began discussing an attempt at a Belgian Wheat easy Brew style.

So, long intro short question... Am I bat stool crazy on either of these?

MisterDrew -

Sounds like a good plan to me. I like the WL029 kolsch yeast for it's lager-like qualities that ferments best at 65-69F. So the one you mentioned seems about the same temp-wise.

Back