Coopers heritage lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperCrossBun

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a Coopers heritage lager but I'm not sure what sugar to add to it to customize it a bit. I bottled my first batch of beer a week and a half ago and just used the brew enhancer.
I'm sure you guys have more experience and can suggest a good recipe?
This is what I have:
Maltodextrin
Dextrose
Coopers Light Dry Malt

Thanks for any input!

Hey guys, I have a Coopers heritage lager but I'm not sure what sugar to add to it to customize it a bit. I bottled my first batch of beer a week and a half ago and just used the brew enhancer.
I'm sure you guys have more experience and can suggest a good recipe?
This is what I have:
Maltodextrin
Dextrose
Coopers Light Dry Malt

Thanks for any input!

You could use the Cooper's dry malt & a little maltodextrin for mouth feel. 500g to 1 Kg of the DME & maybe 300g of the maltodextrin.

Since 1lb equals 454g,500 is a bit over that. 1000g equals 1Kg,or 2.2lbs. I gave that range to give a little choice as to ABV & how much thinning of the hop profile you're willing to put up with. So you could add the 1Kg of DME & the 300g of maltodextrin for more body,flavor,& a bit more ABV.
By the way,the Heritage Lager uses a true lager yeast,so you'll need lower ferment temps.

Since 1lb equals 454g,500 is a bit over that. 1000g equals 1Kg,or 2.2lbs. I gave that range to give a little choice as to ABV & how much thinning of the hop profile you're willing to put up with. So you could add the 1Kg of DME & the 300g of maltodextrin for more body,flavor,& a bit more ABV.
By the way,the Heritage Lager uses a true lager yeast,so you'll need lower ferment temps.

Thanks! Yeah I found that out, the best I can do is 22C.. Should be fine though

Back