Coopers Ginger Beer in Canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THRobinson

Reaction score
Does anyone know where this kit can be purchased?

Seems every time I walk into a shop, I see Coopers on the shelves, I ask if they can get in the Ginger Beer kit and sure enough, a few days later I get a call back saying they checked with their supplier and they can not order it in.

When Googled, usually find it for sale in Australia (of course) and in the UK. Maybe the USA. Would really like to find it in Canada since already spending a lot in shipping for the AHS kits.

... not saying that AHS charges a lot, just a kick in the pants when you get the brokerage fees and such.

Craig Farraway (craigtube) gets all his cooper's stuff local in Canada,so there has to be a shop up there that has it. Or you can go to makebeer.net,they sell all the cooper's stuff.

Is it ginger beer though?

Coopers beer, yeast, etc... I can get anywhere here... even amazon.ca carries it now (odd but true) however the ginger beer they all say they can't get.

I found that CraigTube on YouTube, went to his page but, saw nothing ginger related.

MakeBeer.net or .ca, doesn't sell the kits either.

Wow,you're right. I just looked again & nada. Sorry bout that. Odd to have to send all the way to AU to get it...

Ya... tell me about it... not sure why no one can get it, it's ginger beer... not like it's illegal or anything. :)

But ya, waiting on 2 brew supply shops online to reply back... failing that I'll order from Australia/UK.

You can order it from the cooper's site. They have forums,a store,all kinds of stuff. But they're all the way on the south side of the continent in Adelaide.

Ordered it direct... after exchange and shipping was only $22CAD so, here's hoping it arrives soon... because coming from so far, ETA is between 1-4 weeks.

The ginger beer kits from Australia cannot be imported into the US because of a particular sweetener that is in them. I honestly don't know what it it is, but it isn't approved by our US Food & Drug Administration.

The sweetener in them is horrible stuff, I poured the whole lot as undrinkable even though it was made properly. I couldn't get over the sweetener. I'd advise you to look up a recipe for proper ginger beer online.

Might for the next time, but as I said a few posts up I already bought it... so... hopefully turns out ok. Everyone likes different stuff... last 2 batches of beer I made (also Coopers) were horrible, couldn't drink them at all... my buddy loves it. I just give it to him and wait for the bottles to come back. :)

But... that being said... found a lot of easy recipes online to try next as well.

Latest posts

Back