Coopers Cerveza

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SippinSudz

Reaction score
Hey all...

11 brews in. All pre-hopped canned kits.

Wife is asking for some Cerveza she can enjoy with some lime.

Ive had a few corona, sol, dos Equis, and they don't really do it for me, but the boss is the main priority on this one.

Anyone have some tips to make a drinkable coopers Cerveza? Such as malt, or mostly dextrose to keep dry?

Was thinking:

1 can coopers
1000g dry light malt extract
300g dextrose
Brew to 19L

Not sure what yeast to use.
Supplied yeast is ok, thinking to swap for dry Safale S-04 from LHBS.

Should I cut the malt down? Maybe 500g malt and 1kg dex?

Any dry hopping?
I don't know if she'll even notice lol.

Looks good to me. The corn sugar will work for the style. I use US-05 and ferment at up to 80 degrees F with good results. It gets fruity so you won't mistake it for a lager, but it's still good beer.

I'll check my LHBS but I may just pitch 14g of coopers if I can't find a different yeast. My LHBS is quite limited.

Thanks for the reply. I'm gonna go 500g malt and 1000g dex

This is an awesome kit, for 19l id go 500g dry malt and 500g dextrose. I did a video on the kit I brewed a couple years back. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Went up to 77° overnight...
Not sure how to cool it down. I didn't freeze any soda bottles for nothing

5 days later, I've kept it around 65°

Took a hydrometer reading today. 1.044 to 1.008
Tastes amazing. I'm can't wait to bottle in a couple more weeks.

It's has further fermented Down to 1.006

My hydrometer sample has a clear citrus note. This must be from the two temperature spikes. I'm really hoping this plays out very well. Could of been a mistake gone right!

It's has further fermented Down to 1.006

My hydrometer sample has a clear citrus note. This must be from the two temperature spikes. I'm really hoping this plays out very well. Could have been a mistake gone right!

ftfy

Could "of" makes no sense. Don't let the sounds of pronunciation guide you. It's "could have".

:)

I won't say anything other than this - when all you have is the written word to convey your message, you should care about getting it right.

My disposition at parties impacts this statement not at all.

:)

7 days in the bottle. Chilled for a few hours and tried without, then with some lime. Carbonation was good for only being 7 days. Overall mouthfeel and taste is as expected from cerveza. Will make this kit again. Most importantly, the mrs is a fan.

No off flavour notes from the temp spikes.

Gotta look after the "Leader of the opposition" or SWMBO.."She who must be obeyed". Cervesa just means beer in latin don't it?

In your future I see;
You brewing this recipe a few more times for her, her taste buds becoming more receptive to your other brews, and finally a full on love for everything you make. Happily ever after. :)

Back