Cooling plate too frosted??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

effurdayup

Reaction score
Thoughts? So my beer was pouring 80% foam, I turned up the thermostat manually with the seperate set screw, I'm currently watching now to play with the temp. I don't know much about what's acceptable for frost but it's kinda concerning help!

image-2303219782.jpg

That doesn't look too bad. If it's got 1" of ice on it I would be worried. That's just the frost from the moisture inside.

Your problem is probably related to hose length and diameter. You'll have to post all the specifics in here, then someone smarter than me can probably troubleshoot it for you

its probably not the temp of your cooling plate but the pressure on the drawing line. turn down your PSI on the CO2.

I was really concerned about the plate since I didn't have any good reference...but since you asked he's the whole scoop.

Got this bigger for $250 craiglist. I learned after the fact that 44 degrees is too warm for beer. I checked out the spec on playing with the thermostat to get it colder, and that's currently a trial and error thing but seems to be getting colder. I'm pretty sure the foam is a result from the temp.

I also have a pressure problem, the line keeps bending real bad at the regulator going to the tap, I believe because there isn't enough slack, maybe a 2 foot line. In process of playing with it, I think I let the regulator sit with too much pressure and buggered it out. I currently have a new tap/reg/pressure line/ and spout on order. With that line clamped like it was, I think the regularly sat around 60 psi (enough for the relief to start hissing) for about an hour before I noticed. Also at one point before I leaned better let the co2 sit on its side for a day or so. Now no matter what pressure settings I use, it's letting all the tank pressure through at same time, think any or all of the above would bug out my regulator?

Back