Cooling between kegerator and tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JawnnyO

Reaction score
Hi all, after doing all measurements, and convincing I purchased a tower kegerator to fit in under utilized cabinet in the kitchen, so I could have the tower on the bar above the counter. It is not as easy to fit as I thought and does not have the 3 inch airspace all around. So I am thinking of putting the kegerator in the basement below the tower. I will need 8-9 feet of pipe/tube to put the beer hose through. I am thinking of using 2” abs plumbing pipe. Does anyone have suggestions for getting/keeping the beer hose cold. I don’t know enough but thought if there is not a way for the warm air to return, the cold air won’t successfully move up the pipe. All ideas are appreciated. Thanks

I have zero experience in this but I believe I've seen brewers in here use glycol lines to keep the beer line cold. Might need a fan to blow the cold air into the pipe as well.

Thanks for these responses. I thought I was on my own.

I usually only have one beer a night, and my wife drinks wine. Losing 4 ounces every time I drink 16 means I lose 20% of my beer. That will be a problem when I start brewing better.

I didn’t know about liquid cooling loops. I have found some but not much info at this point. I can fit 3 pin lock kegs in my kegerator, and possibly a smaller reservoir if I know what to look for. I read in an old post you said water was fine for the coolant. Someone suggested a tbsp bleach to help keep it clean.

My questions are how big a reservoir do I need? How big a pump? And what size of lines should I use.

Thanks again for the support.

Back