cooling beer lines

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougbo

Reaction score
I can't post a picture but I'll try to describe: Just set up my 3 keg fridge. 7 ft of beer line(s). 2 1/2 ft inside the fridge and 4 1/2 foot is outside the fridge going to the dual tower. I placed regular 1/2 inch aquarium tubing along the lines, insulated well ect. to cool the beer lines. I placed a tupperware container (for a loaf of bread) on end in the fridge (I used this because it fits) and filled it with water. I placed a small submersible aquarium pump in the water and it circulates the water great. However, the fridge cools to 38 degrees and though the pump seems to run cool the circulating water and or pump warms the water to about 62 degrees. My first pint or two is a bit warm but after that it's great. Any ideas on how I can keep the water the same temp as the fridge? Thanks

How warm is the water when it returns from the cooling lines to the tank in the fridge? It could be that the water is so warm that it does not have time to cool off while the reservoir.

You might need to increase the size of the tank or even better, run an additional length of tubing inside the fridge (near the cooling coils) to get rid of the heat faster.

Thanks, your response gave me alot to think about....I traded out the bread loaf tupperware container (which only allowed for about a 5x5 area of exposed water to the air in the fridge) with a larger container of a different shape. I had to mount the new container to the wall near the top of the fridge to allow clearance for the kegs....but, the additional surface space of water exposed to the air helped. After 24 hrs the temp of the water is only 2 degrees different than the temp of the fridge. Thanks, again

Back