Washington Cool Brewing bags

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AzOr

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I meant to post this earlier but...

Bader homebrew supplies had a bunch of these last weekend for $20. Seems like a good price. I’ve had one for years and it’s come in pretty handy. It folds flat and out of the way when not in use.
Recently I brewed w kveik and my garage was about 60f. I put a gallon milk jug w hot tap water in the cooler bag and it held at about 80-85f. Obviously it works the other way if you put frozen jugs.

Hopefully they still have some of people are looking for them

realize this is kinda old, but maybe provide a link or picture. Not sure what bag you are referring to.

I think they are referring to this: Cool Brewing Fermentation Cooler 2.0

I have the 1.0 version, and I have to say, this is definitely one of the most important pieces of brewing equipment I have ever bought. I am currently using it in my pils in my garage. It is essentially a gigantic insulated lunch sac. You can put in bottles of hot or frozen water to control the temperature. I have a little probe which I tape to the side of the fermentor and can see the screen from outside it. It has made controlling the temperature soo much easier than it used to be. Back when I had an apartment at around 72 degrees or so, I could ferment lagers in the mid to upper 50s. I even use it on my ales now just so I can get that mid 60s F temperature I like really easily. If you don't want to get a fermentation chamber, this is the next best thing.

EDIT: I think I bought mine for $60 several years ago, so $20 is a great deal

Last edited:
I love mine. It’s about 6 or 7 years old and it’s seen some use. I have a keezer but the cool brew bag still gets use. It folds relatively flat when not in use.
I think I paid 50-60$ for it.

I meant to post this earlier but...

Bader homebrew supplies had a bunch of these last weekend for $20. Seems like a good price. I’ve had one for years and it’s come in pretty handy. It folds flat and out of the way when not in use.
Recently I brewed w kveik and my garage was about 60f. I put a gallon milk jug w hot tap water in the cooler bag and it held at about 80-85f. Obviously it works the other way if you put frozen jugs.

Hopefully they still have some of people are looking for them

Are they still selling these for $20? I checked their website but couldn't find them.

Are they still selling these for $20? I checked their website but couldn't find them.
Dunno. It looked more like a sidewalk sale item. It’s been well over a month. Try calling them.
I don’t usually shop there but it’s a great store w a huge selection. Staff has been very helpful as well. If it were closer, it’d be my go to shop.

Back