Cool Ad on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cacaman

Reaction score
Although I have never Googled anything on alcoholism, I have Googled several homebrew terms, equipment, ingredients etc. Is this the cause for this ad? Or are other people also getting it. In any case, I couldn't stop cracking up at the irony :mug:

Ad.jpg

I think it's a special message for you. If you use firefox browser you can get an add on to stop all banner ads on all sites.

And if you block the ads, you aren't supporting the website.

And?

I'm a supporting member because I appreciate the "extras" that come along with premium membership. The ads on this site are mostly google ads and the profits go to groupbuilder, inc. Do as you will, but don't be under the impression that you're supporting some noble cause.

I blocked the ads the moment I became a supporting member, had an addon to block them before then - but it only worked so-so.

And?

I'm a supporting member because I appreciate the "extras" that come along with premium membership. The ads on this site are mostly google ads and the profits go to groupbuilder, inc. Do as you will, but don't be under the impression that you're supporting some noble cause.

I blocked the ads the moment I became a supporting member, had an addon to block them before then - but it only worked so-so.

+1. I support the website by contributing my time answering questions. Not by having a bunch of adds that I would ignore anyway show up in my face. I don't order online, I have a half dozen lhbs in driving distance that I choose to support. So the adds are wasted on me whether I see them or not.

In fact many folks where hit with a virus last week from the banner add at the bottom of the site. Those of us who have it blocked, were safe from it.

Back