Converting my CO2 tank to a fire extinguisher

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikescooling

Reaction score
I posted this here because I love the DRMM forum and I don't want any "safety sallys" on my thread. I have a bunch of normal class 3 fire extinguishers stashed here and there, but I also have three 20 lb CO2 tanks and a few 5 lb tanks as well. I often move gas from cylinder to cylinder with a transfer hose. What, if anything would I need to do to do/use a CO2 tank as a fire extinguisher? Should I flip it upside down? Should I attach my transfer hose to keep the valve from freezing? I know the tank get's super cold if I dump all the gas fast, so not getting a cold burn is being considered in this thought.

who is going to need more fire protection than the drinkers. It's not if bad stuff happens but how you handle it, especially when you've been drinking. Wooo small fire, put it out,,, NP just a party foul kept in check

I'm drunk enough to be with you on this idea 100%. Necessary safety precautions and solve the problem that is in front of you

That is what I'm talking about!!! who more than the drunks would need fire protection more than us!! and the co2 tanks are filled with the same stuff as the fire extinguishers, and are huge 20 pounders.

Back