Converting a chest freezer just to a fridge, not a keezer or kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanDe680

Reaction score
Any suggestions on this?

I am going to run cooled tap lines from a converted freezer chest (without taps) to my upstairs tower.

Anyone have links or suggestions on this? I couldn't find what I was looking for....

Thanks.

Start here, then scroll down to the bottom and chase whatever links look related. They'll lead to others.

Bottom line, the freezer becomes a keezer, and that can be accomplished by either readjusting the OEM thermostat (there's a long running thread on that) or via an external/add-on controller.

Outside the keezer, the best solution will use a glycol-chilled trunk line with the appropriately sized tubing diameters for the length and rise. In some cases 3/16" ID chokers are required for the last few feet at the faucets to tune the flow, but unless things get extreme you can still run the system on straight CO2 and not have to get into beer gas.

It can be done - well, or badly. Chase the threads...

Cheers!

There is a thread here somewhere where a guy ran glycol chilled lines from his basement deep freeze to a tap tower at the kitchen sink. It probably didn't do much for the property value but it demonstrated some DIY guts...might give you ideas

Back