converted pin-locks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edbert

Reaction score
So I get the basics...pin lock kegs take up more horizontal space but save vertical...with the harder to use and more expensive connectors.

So if you have a "converted pin-lock keg" with ball lock connectors, do you have best of both worlds?

...and if so does anyone wanna trade a converted pin-lock (short keg) for a ball lock (skinny but tall) keg?

The space savings depends on your kegerator space. Don't your pin-locks fit?
For whatever reason, the ball locks have become popular, and are worth almost double that of a pin lock.
In my case, I can get three ball locks across the back of my garage beer fridge, so I like the ball locks.
Good luck on your trade... might want to list in the WTS section. Be looking for a two-to-one trade.

The space savings depends on your kegerator space. Don't your pin-locks fit?
They do, I can get 3 converted pin locks into my keezer, but if they were traditional ball locks I could get a 4th. However many folks that have kegerators have a harder time with the taller kegs and can use more of the shorter (but wider) style kegs.

Thinking I should go to Craig's list with this one.

Back