Converted All-Electric w/ BoilCoil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15gal BoilCoil (comes with power cord) was 170$ after tax at Great Fermentations. As for the controller, you can go with the Blichmann controller to a Stilldragon controller, or anything in between

Test run today. Starting water temp was 64F. Water volume was 6.5gal. Got to 175F in 19 min and boil in 33 min.

Plan to try 10 gal run when I get back from the gym. Here's a quick video as I was always curious to see this element in use. I vary the boil a few times in the vid, but dont state what duty cycle its at (my bad). Easily maintained the boil @ 50%.

View attachment IMG_1285.MOV

Test run today. Starting water temp was 64F. Water volume was 6.5gal. Got to 175F in 19 min and boil in 33 min.

Plan to try 10 gal run when I get back from the gym. Here's a quick video as I was always curious to see this element in use. I vary the boil a few times in the vid, but dont state what duty cycle its at (my bad). Easily maintained the boil @ 50%.

nice I have been looking at the boilcoil for a 25 gallon setup I want to do

thanks for your feedback on this product

S_M

NatDavis777, can you explain how you attached the boil coil to the keg?
thanks!

I used the external guard to get the landmark for my holes. I lined the bottom of the guard where the keg bottom starts to curve. Made sure it was square, punched the holes, then drilled the proper size. Now, the tricky part was getting the actual coil inside. My keg opening is 12", so I have to compress the coil in order for it to fit inside. Once in though, everything bolted up nicely. Took off the diptube during the install and reinstalled it after. The whole process literally took 10 min.

15gal BoilCoil (comes with power cord) was 170$ after tax at Great Fermentations. As for the controller, you can go with the Blichmann controller to a Stilldragon controller, or anything in between
Thanks, I may convert a keggle I have to bottom drain and use this coil.

Brewed 10gal Hefe Saturday. Love this coil. And the new stand. Numbers were dead on and the shear ease of use was awesome.

Back