Convert single body Governor regular to dual body

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markmconel

Reaction score
I have several Governor regulators that I got from Midwest in kits (great deal). Has anyone successfully converted two or more of these single body regulators to a dual or triple body?

Should be able to just string them together by removing the (pretty useless) % full indicator, adding a 1/4" NPT nipple and then removing the inlet barb/MFL and connecting them together.

Should be able to just string them together by removing the (pretty useless) % full indicator, adding a 1/4" NPT nipple and then removing the inlet barb/MFL and connecting them together.

Need to check the threads on the removed high pressure gauge. Many models of CO2 regulators use left hand threads, rather than the common right hand threads used almost everywhere else.

Brew on :mug:

Need to check the threads on the removed high pressure gauge. Many models of CO2 regulators use left hand threads, rather than the common right hand threads used almost everywhere else.

I went out and looked because I swear I had done this....

Disregards my advice up there. Everything that I have added onto have been secondary regulators.

I went out and looked because I swear I had done this....

Disregards my advice up there. Everything that I have added onto have been secondary regulators.

You can string primary regulators together as well. I have a dual body Taprite, that just has a nipple between the two bodies.

Back