Controlling temperature in a temperature controlled room?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MPBeer

Reaction score
Hi guys! Trying to brew an IPA for the first time and I'm really studying a lot to brew a nice brew (I know I can't be satisfied with the first brew tho). I've chosen my mash temp, water chemical, malt bill, hop schedule, etc... but what I'm concerning the most is my fermentation temperature.

DMUzVDU.jpg

I live in a small country where 99.9% people live in a small apartment, including myself. So most of the homebrewers don't homebrew at home, instead they homebrew at a homebrew shop in town. Everything is fine with this except I can't take a look at my beer often, but the biggest problem is the fermentation room. Since lots of people are using the same shop (see above pic), they set the ambient to 70F(21C) which is ok for the most famous styles.

However, I want to be more detailed about my fermentation temp. I just want to ferment at a little bit higher, but can't think of a way to do that. We don't have Ferm Wrap and the outlet looks different so buying it on Amazon wouldn't help either. Would covering my carboy with blanket help the temperature go up? Did you have any similar cases and solved it somehow? Please let me know your tips! Thanks and cheers!

70F is actually kind of high. Ambient 70 could spike to beer 75 or so which is way high for American and British ale yeast. Probably they are looking for decent wine and beer range.

Might think about a swamp chiller..

70F is actually kind of high. Ambient 70 could spike to beer 75 or so which is way high for American and British ale yeast. Probably they are looking for decent wine and beer range.

Might think about a swamp chiller..

Oh really? They have seperate room for wine and beer, and my friend told me about the ambient. Then it could be the ambient is much lower (saw 64F on the thermometer and thought they have done something wrong) and the beers are kept around 70. Will look up the swamp chiller, thanks!

Back