Control panel wiring help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NinjaJoe

Reaction score
I'm building a similar countertop brutus 20 system like jkarp.

But for the life of me I can't figure out how to wire this up, and it took me little time to wire up my old brutus 10 system with 2 Love's and 2 pumps. But this setup has me stumped.

Below is a diagram of my components, I'm just not sure how to wire it all up. Any ideas?

wiring.jpg

I'd be more than happy to help you with a wiring diagram. However: I've no clue about the components that you are trying to use or the end result that you are trying to achieve.
Also, jkarp's reference and wiring diagram does not give much additional info without digging really deep into it.

Ok.. 'Nuff.. What do you have and what are you trying to accomplish?

Help me help you...

I have two 20A single pole switches and 1 20A dual outlet. I have removed the hot fin on the outlet so that I can control each outlet with its own switch.

A 2000w 120v heating element will be connected to one of the outlets and a pump will be connected to the other outlet.

The heating element outlet will also be connected to a 25A SSR, and I would like to be able to cut power to the element no matter if the PID is on or off.

Make sense?

No kidding, I am a industrial electrician but I'm not sure what your wanting. If you list what you have and what you want it to do I am sure I can help you out.

From what I see you have some solid state relays and some single pole single throw switches. The switches shouldn't have a netral attached to them (unless they have a light on them).

If you are only using 20 amps of power then all you need is #12 awg wire. The size #10 is a little over kill.

Thanks all! I did some test wiring tonight and everything seems to work as it should. I'll take the next couple days to wire it into the junction box and take some pics.

Thanks again!

Back