Continuous seltzer system using KegLand Keg Reactor Lids

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elohwhydee

Reaction score
I have a need for a high throughput continuous seltzer system, but I'd like to avoid the complexity of pumps and that kind of thing. So when I saw these things my ears perked up:

https://www.williamsbrewing.com/Hom...r-Parts/Copy-of-Bevelled-Plastic-Gas-Dip-Tube
My worry is that when this thing refills from the water supply, it dilutes the seltzer in the keg. If you're only pulling one glass every so often, this shouldn't be too big of an issue, but my setup might see a couple gallons of use over a half hour at peak times.

The video by the manufacturer mentions daisy chaining another keg to supply pre-chilled water to the system, but what I'm wondering is if I can daisy chain maybe three kegs in line, and put CO2 on all of them to have a higher capacity system. I'm having trouble visualizing all the different sources of pressure and how they interact, so I wanted to know if anyone sees a flaw in this plan.

Are you keeping it all refrigerated?
You could do three kegs, but still with only one on CO2. The initial keg with the water line (make sure it's filtered), then to the carbonator keg, you can attach a carbonation stone to the gas in post with some tubing if you're really concerned with the rate of carbonation. After you have it full and carbonated, attach another keg after it and let it fill with the carbonated water. You'd have 10 gallons of carbonated water on hand at any time.

This may very well be overkill however, and you might find you never run out even with just the two kegs. The reactor lid has an atomizer on the water inlet, so you're spraying the water into the CO2 filled headspace of the keg with huge surface area, most of it can be carbonated before it even reaches the bulk water level, given the inlet water is cold enough and high enough pressure. You could always start with just a keg for pre-cooling and one for carbonating, and if you find you're having issues during peak then jumper another keg on. Probably fill from the beverage out first, either with a spunding valve or by periodically pulling the pressure relief, and then switch to going into the gas in port from the beverage out of the carbonator keg.

Or you could just get a carbonator like from McCann, could also run the output of that into a keg if you don't have a cold plate or other on demand chilling system.

Put the additional keg(s) after the carbonator keg to act as a buffer. As water enters the carbonator keg carbonated water should flow from the bottom to the buffer keg(s) before it has a chance to be diluted.

Latest posts

Back