Continuous Hopping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tresden

Reaction score
I'd really like to start getting into this. Any experience, feedback, criticism, tips or suggestions?

All i have is feedback, it's a pain. Some people create a timed rotating feed device that drops a pellet in at some interval, you might find some info doing a search on google or the search on this site.

I've done a dumbed down version of this on an IPA (0.5oz hops added every 5 minutes for the last 35 minutes of the boil).

It's kind of a pain in the butt, to be honest. You've got to pretty much stand there the whole time throwing in hops. My IPA is good, but I can't say that it wouldn't taste the same if I just added hops at 30 min, 15 min, and 0 min. I'm going to brew it again soon and I am just going to do a more normal hopping schedule and save myself the headache.

Now, if you are talking about building some kind of continuous hopping machine, then that sounds like a fun little project, but continuous hopping is really just a gimmick in my opinion.... most of DFH's beers are gimmicks....

Back