Contamination?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dispater

Reaction score
So this is my IPA (etxract/partial mash kit that I did) This is my second try at it. First one was contaminated so I dumped it. Well I thought it was..... I actually had two brews going at the same time. One was a red and the other was the IPA. I noticed some white material on the Red that I seen before.... it was contaminated.....spider web like material. I tried it but it was bad no saving so I dumped. When I looked at the IPA there was white material but not a spider web like the Red but I thought it was just because I mixed it up by moving the carboy. However doing it agian for the second time it has the same material on the top and I did not move it. Just wondering if anyone has seen this before? Should I leave it in the secondary longer or bottle?

IMG_0958.jpg

Hard to tell from the small pic, but it looks ok. Have any better pics??
I would let it sit and see what happens.

I have found that 99.99% of the time when people post that they have an infection someone who knows more about brewing than me says that the beer is fine. Personally, I've never seen an infection. But then I never look at my beer fermenting until bottling time. I clean and sanitize reasonably well and if you do too then I don't think you should ever have to worry about anything. But there Is always that .01%.

I should mention this is in the secondary. Primary ferm was done in another container.

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0960.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

Latest posts

Back