Contactor wiring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjash

Reaction score
Please forgive me for the possibly dumb question, but my wiring experience so far has been limited to the occasional outlet or light fixture. I am using 120v coil/240v 30a contactors from Auber (here) connected to my main power and element switches. The actual switch side is obvious, but it looks like the coil requires a blade type terminal connection. Is that right? So something like this?

Again, sorry for the ignorance, but I've only ever used wire nuts before and want to make sure I get the right components to wire this up.

Yep, the spades in your post will work. FYI they are available at most any hardware store. I paid less than the price in your link.

I didn't think about it, but you almost always need spades to connect the coil. (just on case you didn't know those are the two contacts on each side of the contactor).

Thanks for the info guys. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious. So ring or fork type terminals for the line and load, and spade (blade? quick disconnect?) type for the coil.

Back