Contactor install - cut holes or no

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exc503

Reaction score
It has been a while, but after nearly a year I am finally getting around to putting the pieces to this puzzle together. I am drilling out the control panel, and need some input on the contactor. I have a solid state contactor and the associated heat sink, do I need to cut the box so that the heatsink directly touches the contactor, or can I sandwich the box between the two?

It has been a while, but after nearly a year I am finally getting around to putting the pieces to this puzzle together. I am drilling out the control panel, and need some input on the contactor. I have a solid state contactor and the associated heat sink, do I need to cut the box so that the heatsink directly touches the contactor, or can I sandwich the box between the two?

I would not sandwich. The SSR should be directly attached to the heat sink (with thermal paste in between). Either cut a hole and install the sink outside of the box, or install the heat sink inside, using a fan to exchange air within the panel.

I would not sandwich. The SSR should be directly attached to the heat sink (with thermal paste in between). Either cut a hole and install the sink outside of the box, or install the heat sink inside, using a fan to exchange air within the panel.
Thank you. I will order up some thermal paste, and figure out how to cut the hole.

On the heat sink, there are mounting holes for the contractor and another set for the heat sink itself. At least that's how I did mine. Got them from Auber.

AssemblyHS25ET.jpg

https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_48&products_id=244

Back